A blind pimple on nose, ear and chin can be very painful and causes a lot of discomforts. Though it appears the same as an acne bump, it is more painful and located deep inside the skin. Here are the causes of bumps under skin and how to get rid of blind zits fast.
A blind pimple is an under the skin pimple with no head. The pimple is typical painful compared to the lump caused by acne. Among adultz, the cause of these bumps has been identified as an overactive sebaceous gland.
These are the glands responsible for secretion of sebum which help in keeping the skin moist and hydrated. Among women, the cause has been found to be continued use of thick foundation makeup. As the skin pores on face block, they may be clogged with bacteria, dead skin cells, and sebum to form a painful lump.
Other causes include excessive use of skin moisturizing creams on the face, hormonal changes for both male and female. For females, this changes especially happens during pregnancy or menstruation. Fungal infection, folliculitis, and dry skin are some of the other cause that might cause blind bumps.
What is a blind pimple?
Have you noticed a painful inflammation underneath your skin? If yes, then that is a blind pimple. According to Clear Skin Study, “Comedones, sometimes called comedonal acne, are small bumps on the skin formed by the blockage of skin pores.”
Also known as closed comedones, these pimples are worse than those caused by acne and other medical condition causing bumps on the skin. The reason the bumps are worse is that these bumps form underneath the skin, they are so painful and appear close to the nerves.
- A pimple with no head can be very painful and causes a lot of discomfort.
- It is also very had to get rid of it by popping.
- The size of the bump may also vary. Some may be small pimples whereas others may be huge.
- The more enlarged the bump become, the more painful they get.
- It is also important to know that this lumps can appear any part of the skin. They are however common on nose, chin, and ear.
Anybody can get a blind pimple. Anybody can get the bumps. In adults, the condition is attributed to episodes of recurrent acne. Leaving acne untreated for long can lead to the formation of this deep skin bumps. Other causes attributed to the bumps are a hormonal imbalance in both female and males, this can be as a result of disrupted sleeping patterns, high levels of stress and lack of proper diet.
What causes blind pimples?
The symptoms and cause of a blind pimple will vary from person to person. The common cause will however include but not limited to the following:
1. Seborrhea causes blind pimples on the nose, ear, and chin
Seborrhea refers to overactive sebaceous glands. The condition cause skin and have to have excess oil. The condition can cause clogging of the pore which in turn gets filled with bacteria and dead cells to form the bumps beneath the skin, a condition known as sebaceous hyperplasia.
The condition is common on forehead, nose, and cheeks. For mild cases of this condition, it can be managed by washing the face twice or thrice daily with warm water and mild cleansing soap.
2. Heavy makeup
For most women, they look are so important that they forget the fundament important of skin pores. Applying strong foundation make-up will eventually result in them blocking the pores. These are the pores responsible for getting rid of unwanted mineral, done through sweating. The pores are also responsible for keeping the skin moist and oily.
- The blocked pore may accumulate dead skin cells, bacteria and sebum forming pimple like bumps.
- When the bumps are beneath the skin, they form a blind pimple which unlike other pimples and acne bump lack whiteheads.
Cutting down on this cosmetic usage can help prevent this. Periodic exfoliation can also be performed and the result will be tremendous.
3. Excessive use of skin moisturizing creams
Excessive use of skin moisturizer makes the skin become too oily. The result is clogging of the sebaceous pore. They may accumulate dead cells and tissue to form itchy raised bumps.
Just as with foundation makeup, skin exfoliation can be performed to remedy these bumps.
4. Sunscreens gel, creams, and lotion
Sunscreens are gel, creams, and lotion used to reflect away harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun. The strong chemical components these creams contain can be harmful to the skin. This can damage the hair follicles, this is what because clogging of the sebaceous pore leading to the accumulation of fluids and dead cell to form a blind pimple underneath the skin.
5. Hormonal changes
Hormonal change and imbalance are the most likely cause of blind pimples on the nose. For women, this condition can be triggered by menstruation, puberty and during pregnancy. For men as the testosterone hormone level increases, the sebaceous gland are triggered to secrete even more sebum.
The sebum may clog in the sebaceous pore forming painful bumps beneath the skin. Stress, lack of exercise and poor dieting can all trigger hormonal imbalance for both women and men. Checking on this triggers is important to ensure your hormonal balance is always maintained.
Acne is common harmless bumps that develop when hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells and tissue. The clogged pores are responsible for secreting sebum that lubricates the hair and the skin.
Clay mask, tea tree oil wash, and antibiotic can all be used to treat and get rid of acne bumps on the nose, face, and forehead. Seek medical attention if you have episodes of recurring acne infection. Acne can be caused by; folliculitis, dry skin and fungal infection of the hair follicles.
A blind pimple on the nose
Having a blind pimple on the nose can be discomforting let alone painful. But what are the causes of this bumps? A blind bump is an inflammation and swelling that happens beneath the skin due to the accumulation of sebum, dead skin cells, and bacteria. This results in a pimple like a bump that does not protrude the skin surface.
A bump underneath the nose skin can be painful. It can lead to the swelling of the lymph node behind the ear. It can also cause nose blockage if immediate medical attention is not taken in time. The nose is skin has a lot of sebaceous glands, this is the glands responsible for secretion of sebum which helps keep the skin moist and hydrated.
- For women, hormonal changes are the main cause of over secretion of sebum.
- This will happen during puberty or in adulthood.
- The changes can also happen after or during menstruation, during pregnancy and at menopause.
Other causes will include blocking the skin pore form using thick layers of foundation make-ups. Other greasy cosmetic products such as body lotions can also clog the pores leading to the formation of under skin cyst.
No matter how tempting it is to pop an under skin bump on the nose, you should not. Popping the lump not only leaves your nose with an ugly scar but also opens your skin op for both bacterial and fungal infection. This can be dangerous and has the possibility of causing damage or an infection not only to the nose but also the face or the whole body.
Blind pimples on chin
As stated earlier, blind pimples are painful and appear beneath the skin. When appearing on the chin, for women, the pimple can be caused by clogged sebaceous pore. This can be due to such thing as applying thick foundation makeup and other greasy cosmetic products such as body lotion.
- The other possible cause could be over secretion of sebum by the sebaceous gland due to hormonal changes.
- Hormonal changes can be triggered by many factors including stress, poor diet, lack of exercise and normal body processes such as menstruation.
For men, an underneath pimple will be probably caused by an ingrown hair caused by poor shaving technique. We all strive to look smart. To most men, this involves keeping the beard short. Most men fail to use the appropriate methods to do so.
Blunt shaving razor will damage the hair follicles causing them to grow inward. This is what leads to an ingrown hair. An ingrown hair will trap keratin, dead skin cells and bacteria to form painful lumps that appear beneath the chin skin.
It is not advisable to pop the bump no matter how large it seems to appear. What you need to do is apply a warm compress on the swollen chin twice a day to relieve the skin of the inflammation an swelling caused by a pimple. Salicylic acid cleanser can also be used to dry the skin out. It is also a strong anti-inflammatory that can help with a blind pimple caused by acne.
How to pop a blind pimple
Popping a nose should be the last thing you should hope for when treating and getting rid of a blind pimple on the nose. When you rupture a pimple, it opens your skin for bacterial and fungal infection. A popped pimple will also leave a permanent pimple scar on nose or the placed it is popped from. Once you have considered all this and still want to pop the bump, make sure it is done efficiently using clean and sterilized tools. Also, you need to wash and cover the wound in a clean bandage.
To pop an under the skin pimple you need to do the following:
- Soak a face towel in warm water, you can mix common salt on the water to make it even more effective.
- Apply a warm compress around the area with a blind pimple it increases blood flow and relieves the skin of the itching and swelling.
- Using a clean sterilized needle make a small hole in the center of the pimple.
- Use a clean syringe to drain the content of the bump. (You should not share this tools) also to reduce the risk of infection, if the process is done by another person, make sure they are wearing surgical gloves.
- You can also squeeze the bump with your finger to make sure you rid it of all the content.
- Wash the wound with an antiseptic solution then cover it with a clean bandage.
This procedure is painful and it is not advised as poor hygiene can lead to an infected pimple.
How to get rid of blind pimples fast, overnight
Do you want to get rid of blind pimple overnight? The answer should be a definite yes for most people. This is because of how painful the pimple is. It can cause sleepless night for most people. A pimple on nose, ear, and chin can be a cosmetic nightmare for most people. What then do you need to get yourself out of this mess?
First of all, you need to handle the pimple immediately after it appears. Do not wait for it to get big or huge and cause the swelling and inflammation of all the face. For a pimple caused by bacteria, you can gently scrub with garlic or lemon juice. The two contain citric acid which is a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent. It will help relieve the skin of the itching and inflammation caused.
You can also try a facial cleanser mask, apply it on the face and leave it overnight. Apart from this, you can exfoliate using an appropriate skin cleanser. To avoid making the condition worse and more painful, you need to prevent swelling because it can lead to inflammation. This will be shown by symptoms such as; pain, heat, redness, swelling, and loss of function, for instance, your nose may become numb.
Blind pimple treatment
Treating a blind pimple does not only involve treating the symptoms but also the underlying cause of the infection itself. The treatment option of an under skin bump will vary depending on what the cause is. The common treatment option will, however, include the following.
Magnoplasm is the other commonly used technique for a blind pimple. The creams work by exerting an osmotic action on the cell to draw out the content of an under skin bump. A paste made of glycerol and magnesium sulfate is used for this procedure. The procedure is not only effective on a boil but also carbuncles.
Apply the paste on the pimple, wrap it in a bandage and leave it overnight. Undress the bandage and clean the area with warm water. Repeat this daily for a week and the pimple will be long gone.
For a blind pimple on nose caused by bacterial infection, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic. This can be either in form of oral pills, topical cream or injection.
Salicylic acid cleanser
As a beta-hydroxyl acid, it works to dry the skin out. It also has anti-inflammatory properties good for treating acne in both children and adults. A common disadvantage of this for treating blind pimples s that it can cause to much dry skin hence cause it to flake.
What you need to do is clean your face and the affected area, apply the cream on the affected areas. Gently rub to massage the pimple. Leave it for some minute then rinse it off with warm water. Dry your face with a clean face towel. Repeat this process twice a day for a week for optimal result. See a doctor if the medication fails to respond or the symptoms persist.
To treat a pimple by unclogging the blocked pores, you may use benzoyl peroxide. This topical cream is also an effective anti-bacteria thus will help in killing the bacteria that accumulate to form the bump under the skin.
Just the same to the above process, dab a little of the cream and apply on the affected area. Leave it for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. You can apply a mild moisturizing cream afterward to keep your skin soft and moist to avoid cracking. Do this for a week for optimal result.
Home remedies for blind pimples
Apart from the pain and swelling caused by a blind pimple on the nose, mild cases of these bumps are harmless and do not threaten your medical health. Most of those who want to get rid of a pimple do so for cosmetic reasons.
From that perspective, it is clear that a pimple can be treated at home using natural simple home remedies. The commonly used home remedies will include the following:
- A Warm compress twice or thrice a day will help increase the blood flow around the affected area. This will be helpful in reducing swelling and speeding up the healing process.
- Ice cube compress can be helpful in numbing the skin around nose, ear or chin. This will help relieve the skin of the pain and itching.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel will help kill bacteria that might start to build upon a ruptured pimple. It is also a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-itching agent.
- Tea tree oil can also be used to wash the face and along the sites with a blind pimple. This will be helpful in reducing inflammation and swelling
- Garlic and lemon juice have citric acid which is a strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. When used on the pimple, it will help reduce inflammation, swelling, and itching
- Listerine face wash is good for kill microbial organism causing bacterial infection
- Washing the affected area with Epsom salt solution can help dry the skin on the parts with a blind pimple.
- Rubbing the affected area with lemon juice to reduce the inflammation and bacterial infection.
- Acne and blind pimple: http://www.bona-fide-skincare.com/adult-acne-causes.html
- Blind pimple on skin: http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/skin-care/acne-blemish-prone/the-truth-about-blind-pimples-13274
- Home remedy for blind pimple: http://www.top10homeremedies.com/how-to/get-rid-blind-pimple.html