It may be easy to know if he likes you a lot or not. But some men may not be very forthcoming and easy to read. Some may show some unusual signs that you may not be accustomed to. Here are 6 weird signs he likes you a lot.
A crush—regardless of how old you get can be very frustrating, as adults also get crushes. As a woman, it can be quite frustrating trying to determine whether a guy likes you or not, but did you know that there are signs you can check to know whether he likes you—even if he not forthcoming with his feelings. You can check the following signs to determine whether he is into you or not.
Table of Contents
1. Ogling at you
Watching a man’s body language will tell you a lot on what he is thinking or feeling about you. One fact that most women do not realize is that—while they have more than fifty body language signs they can use to show they like a person, men only have about ten.
So, as a woman, what does this mean for you? It means that you are in a position to easily tell when a guy is into you by being on the lookout for a few signs—but you need to know what to be on the lookout for when watching the guy!
- Looking at you a lot is one of the most common signs. For instance, if you catch the man raising his eyebrows each time he looks at you, this is a big indicator that he is into you (often, the eyebrow raise only lasts half a second).
- Making lots of eye contact and looking at your face when talking to you is another sign. Additionally positioning himself close or leaning towards you is a big indicator that the guy likes you a lot.
- If you would like to know whether he is subconsciously interested in you, then pay attention to his feet, legs, and hands. If you notice that they are angled or pointed towards you, it will tell you about what he is interested in.
- Another sign to check is whether he grooms himself when he first sees you—grooming will include straightening his tie, fixing his shirt, or smoothing his hair. The man is thinking this dead giveaway about his looks when you are close to him. Grooming is done intentionally as the man would like him to find attractive.
- You can also watch his sitting position to know whether he likes you a lot. A man who sits with his legs open, or with his hands on his hips is trying to impress you—and will often be interested in the woman that he is speaking to at the moment.
2. He imitates you
According to a study published by the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, subtle mimicry by a man will indicate that he is attracted to you
It means that if the man mirrors how you are standing, or crosses his legs when you cross yours, the physical attraction between the two of you might be very real.
3. Bragging silently
Do you know what most men do when they really like a woman? It is pretty simple actually, they try to prove themselves to the woman by talking about themselves. During the conversation, they will attempt to prove to a woman they are interested in by making humble brags.
A good way for you to know just how much he is into you is by watching his body language when you are conversing. You can try to say something softly, and then wait to see whether he will lean in to hear you. After that, check to see whether he remains close to you or he retreats away immediately.
4. Finding an excuse to touch you
Being touched and touching someone else is an important way of establishing how interested and how intimate he would like to be with you—and will be a great way of determining his feelings will be to watch his reactions when he touches you or when you touch him.
A guy who is interested in you will normally find an excuse to touch you—touching your hands when laughing, brushing his leg against your, as well as giving you hugs for the smallest of reasons. You should also watch what happens when you touch him lightly—does he attempt to move his hand away. Does he flinch his face? Alternatively, does he attempt to move closer?
This is one thing you should remember—if the man is shy, he could jump a little when you first come into contact with him. This does not mean that he does not like you, but you should keep watching closely to establish the truth.
5. Does the man treat you differently?
Whenever a man is interested in you, there is a chance that he will start behaving differently when it comes to you, more so when the two of you are in a group. When he begins acting protectively towards you, such as shifting closer to you when seated, or placing his arm around your chair, this is a great indication that he has an interest in you.
Men have been known to use interesting tactics to express their interests in a woman, such as flirting with other women, when their interest actually lies in you. Normally, they will do this to gauge your reaction as a way of determining whether you like them back or not.
However, you can easily spot this tactic—all you need to do is watch him when he is flirting with other women. If when flirting he keeps stealing sneak peeks at you to gauge your reaction, then you can be confident that he is only doing this to see how you will react. You can try leaving the room or getting something from outside then find a location to carefully observe him. If the man ceases flirting after you have left the room, it is a dead giveaway that he was just trying to see what you would do when you noticed him flirting.
6. Feigning interest in things you like?
This is a dead giveaway that the man likes you, more so, if he has never shown an interest in the tasks or activities before. You can check to see whether he will become interested in things such as bands or TV shows that you like. For instance, if he starts speaking about how a band you like could be in your town or city in the near future—it means that he is attempting to gift you something that you truly like!
Additionally, you can keep out an eye to determine whether something that you may have brought to his attention has suddenly become one of his favorite things. For example, telling him to watch a certain TV show because you like it—if he gains an interest in the show, there are chances that he likes you a lot.
7. Does he tease you?
When a man teases you — should make sure that, you pay attention. Does he tease you gently? If this is the case, it means that he is very interested in you. You should however be aware that this is a tactic normally employed by younger men. But, if he teases all the girls that he flirts with, then it could mean that this is just but part of his style. However, if you are the only girl that he is teasing, then it means that he is into you.