Good keto recipes can transform your health and give you a lot of benefits. Here are 30 of the best ketogenic low carb high fat recipes or meal plans for breakfast, dinner, lunch and even dessert.
We have the best meal plans with protein shake, chicken, bread, soup, brownie recipes, ice cream and even something vegan.
In recent years, the ketogenic diet has become one of the most studied weight loss strategies, according to a review appearing in the International Journal of Environment Research and Public Health.
Information available from many studies has demonstrated that this particular nutritional approach provides a solid biochemical and psychological basis. It also has the ability to induce weight loss, along with enhancing various cardiovascular risk factors.
Table of Contents
- What is a ketogenic diet?
- What are keto recipes?
- 30 easy keto recipes for breakfast, dinner, and lunch
- 1. Chicken breast with herb butter
- 2. Mock McGriddle Bread
- 3. Sugar-free chocolate truffles for dessert
- 4. Vegan blended coffee
- 5. Low carb Korean ground beef
- 6. Peppermint patty protein shake
- 7. Green spring salad
- 8. No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- 9. Chocolate brownies
- 10. Brazilian shrimp stew keto recipe
- 11. Chocolate avocado pudding
- 12. Tomatillo Chili (the pressure cooker recipe)
- 13. Stuffed Turkey meatballs (crock pot recipe)
- 14. Braised oxtails slow cooker
- 15. Vanilla dipped in chocolate (fat bomb)
- 16. Cheese roll-up
- 17. Bulletproof coffee
- 18. Protein lasagna
- 19. Bacon and eggs
- 20. Indian cabbage stir fried
- 21. Pancakes (keto friendly)
- 22. French fry substitute
- 23. Cauliflower grilled cheese
- 24. Chocolate mug cake
- 25. Cream cheese pancakes
- 26. Vanilla smoothie (fat-burning)
- 27. Blueberry coconut flour porridge
- 28. Low carb breakfast smoothie (green)
- 29. Chocolate crunch cereal
- 30. Oopsie rolls
- Benefits of keto diets (low carb high-fat diet)
- Article Resources
What is a ketogenic diet?
A ketogenic diet, also known as a low carb high-fat diet, keto diet or a low carb diet is a diet that tends to be very low on carbs. In this diet, the body gets to produce ketones in your liver, which is then utilized as energy. Whenever you ingest anything that has a high carb value, the body starts to produce insulin and glucose.
- Insulin—produced by your body in order to process the glucose that is present in the bloodstream. This is achieved by taking it round your body.
- Glucose—considered to be the simplest molecule for the body to transform and utilize as energy. When this happens, it ends up being chosen over all the other available energy sources.
When glucose is utilized as the primary energy source, it means that the available fats will no longer be needed, and will, therefore, end up being stored.
When using a traditional high carb diet, your body relies on glucose as the primary energy source. When you lower your carb intake, the body gets induced into the ketosis state (this is a state initiated by your body to assist you to survive when the food intake has reduced).
What are keto recipes?
Keto is not a diet, but rather, it is considered as a way of life. It comprises the fundamental set of principles, which all low carb diets e.g. Paleo and Atkins are based on.
The recipe, according to the English dictionary is a set of detailed instructions guiding you on how to prepare certain dishes, including the list of ingredients that are needed.
Keto recipes are therefore instructions to guide you on how to prepare low carb diets e.g. the easy diet recipes for dinner, which make it possible for you to prepare a delicious meal while ensuring that you do not take in too many calories.
30 easy keto recipes for breakfast, dinner, and lunch
Below are 30 keto recipes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, which will make your transition to the ketogenic diet simpler. They are perfect for that person who values variety in their life.
If you like, you can use Perfect Keto’s keto calculator to find the exact amount of carbs, fat, and protein you need to reach your goal weight.
Let’s dive right into the recipes.
1. Chicken breast with herb butter
The herb butter is quick and scrumptious and is bound to make you sing its praises to friends and family. All you have to do is liquefy a large butter dollop atop this delicious butter fried chicken, and you will be ready to get your butter on instantly.
Prep time: 5-15 minutes
- salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 oz. olive oil or butter
- Retrieve your butter from the fridge and bring it to room temperature
- You should start with your herb butter. Combine all the components in a mixing bowl, and allow it to sit in place until serving time.
- Use your salt and pepper to season your Fry it in oil or butter, making sure to use medium heat until you notice that the filets have become thoroughly cooked and have registered 165 degrees by using a meat thermometer. Towards the end, start lowering the temperature to prevent dry filets.
- Proceed to serve your chicken on a generous bed of leafy greens. Remember to place a liberal volume of herb butter on it.
2. Mock McGriddle Bread
Bread does not need to be completely off your keto diet list. There is always an opportunity to make your own options that are keto friendly. One good thing about this recipe is that you can prepare it at night or a day before. When it is ready, you can store it in your fridge, ensuring that you will have a great breakfast idea for the next few days.
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 lb. sausage
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ glass flaxseed
- 10 eggs
- 4 oz. cheddar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Seasoning to taste
- Preheat your over to 300 degrees
- Take your sausage and add it to a pan already on the stove
- Take all dry ingredients and place them in a bowl. Mix them well and add in the wet ingredients except for 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- Retrieve the sausage and add it to the mix
- Obtain some parchment paper and place it in a casserole dish. Add the mix to the dish
- Drizzle all remaining syrup on to the mix
- Allow it to bake for at least 50 minutes
- Allow it to cool and serve with ketchup or syrup
3. Sugar-free chocolate truffles for dessert
The sugar-free chocolate truffles are not only easy to make, but they are silky smooth and sinfully creamy, but still low on carbs.
No. of servings=22
- 1 cup of Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon brandy
- 4 tablespoon Sukrin Melis
- ¼ tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pour your heavy cream into a microwave safe glass. The glass should be large enough to accommodate the cream, chocolate chips, and still, leave ample room for stirring.
- Add the sweetener and stir it to ensure that it dissolves
- Add the sugar-free chips and the butter. Microwave it for about 1 minute at full power
- Leave it for 5 minutes and use a whisker to stir it very gently until it becomes incorporated
- Pour in your brandy and vanilla and stir it
- Give it ample time to cool down, before covering, and leaving it in the fridge for a few hours
4. Vegan blended coffee
It is a fat burning coffee that is dairy and sugar-free and is keto-friendly thanks to the use of super ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 1 ¾ decaf brewed coffee
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 10 grams’ cacao butter
- Alcohol-free stevia 4 drops
- 6 ice cubes
- Blend the coffee, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, stevia, almond, and cacao butter. Transfer the contents to a jar for refrigeration purposes
- When it is chilled, transfer back to your blender
- Add the ice cubes
- Add the coffee
- Blend until all the cubes are crushed completely
5. Low carb Korean ground beef
The following recipe prepares inexpensive ground beef with spicy seasonings and can be ready within 15 minutes.
- 1 ¼ pound of lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon of sweet stevia drops
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- I bunch of green sliced onions
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
- Heat the large skillet using medium heat and garlic and ground beef in your oil. You should drain off all the fat
- Add molasses, red pepper, ginger, soy sauce, and stevia
- Allow it a few minutes to simmer before blending the seasonings
- Best served with cauliflower rice
6. Peppermint patty protein shake
Preparing a low carb protein shake is a great way to ensure that everyone in the family gets to enjoy themselves while making sure that they do not take too many carbs. But, be sure to keep your ingredients in mind when preparing your smoothies.
- Blend 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 glass of cashew milk
- A handful of ice and spinach
- ¼ tablespoon mint extract
7. Green spring salad
Many people have the misconception that salads are plain, boring, and should only be eaten by those on a diet. But, this is not the case, as it is possible to prepare the perfect well-rounded salad when you have the right set of ingredients.
- 3 tablespoon roasted pine nuts
- 2 oz. mixed greens
- 2 bacon slices
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon shaved Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons-5-minute Raspberry Vinaigrette(Keto)
- Cook the bacon slices until they become crisp
- Measure your greens, and place them in an easy to shake container
- Crumble the bacon slices, and then add all the remaining ingredients to your greens. Close the container with a lid, and shake it gently to distribute the contents and the dressing
- Serve and relish
8. No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
For this recipe, you will need to use a low carb sweetener in place of sugar, as well as vanilla powder to provide it with an extra boost of flavor. To ensure that the ice cream will remain light, you will need to use a pinch of tartar cream.
- 4 separated eggs
- ½ cup low carb sweetener e.g. Swerve
- 1 tablespoon of sugar-free vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of tartar cream
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk
- Whisk your egg whites before adding the tartar cream. As the whites begin to thicken, gently add in the sweetener
- Continue whisking until it creates a stiff peak. Whisk your cream in a separate bowl
- Ensure you do not whisk your cream too much. Take the egg yolks and mix them in a third bowl
- Add the vanilla powder to the egg yolks
- Gently fold the egg whites (after whisking) into your whipped cream. Add the yolk Use a spatula to gently fold it until they are appropriately combined
- Place the resulting mixture in a freezer friendly container and allow it to freeze for 2 hours
- It is now ready to serve
9. Chocolate brownies
A Keto diet can be quite a temptation, especially when you are accustomed to taking good things. But, just because you want to lose weight does not mean that you cannot have some fun.
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 9 Truvia packets
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Combine the eggs, vanilla extract, cream cheese, almond milk, and coconut milk in a single bowl. Ensure they mix properly
- Mix the cocoa powder, salt, almond flour, Truvia, coconut flour, and baking soda in one bowl
- Take all your wet components and mix them with the dry ones
- Pour your butter into a cake pan, and place it inside your oven
- Leave it in your blender for at least 30 minutes
- Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes, and then cut it as desired
10. Brazilian shrimp stew keto recipe
The best thing about keto soup recipes is that they are easy to prepare, are low carb and gluten free. You can prepare a delicious soup within no time, without sacrificing on texture or flavor.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon of raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- ¼ cup of diced onions
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup diced and roasted red pepper
- 1 diced tomato with chili
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
- Pour some oil in a medium pan and heat it. Saute the onions for a few minutes until they become translucent. When this is achieved, add the peppers and the garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add your shrimp, cilantro, and tomatoes to this pan and allow them to simmer for a few minutes until you see the shrimp begin to turn opaque.
- Add the Sriracha sauce and the coconut milk, and continue cooking
- Pour the lime juice, and then season with the salt and pepper.
- Best served while hot with fresh cilantro
11. Chocolate avocado pudding
The chocolate avocado pudding makes the perfect dessert. If torn between choosing one of the two, you can always combine them both using this fabulous recipe. It ensures that you not only get to indulge in a pudding that is chocolatey, but you also get to receive your much-needed fats from the included avocado.
- 1 tablespoon of pink salt
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium avocado
- 10 stevia drops
- Extract the pit from your medium sized avocado and place it in your mixing bowl
- Add the stevia, vanilla extract, and the cocoa powder. Use a fox to mix these ingredients until your pudding is formed. A hand mixer can also be used in place of a fork
- Use the pink salt as a topping and enjoy your pudding
12. Tomatillo Chili (the pressure cooker recipe)
The Tomatillo chili is a go-to meal, which you can serve your family for dinner, and if there are any leftovers, have some to carry to work the next day. It is great for people who want to enjoy a decent home cooked meal, but do not have the time required to prepare the meal from scratch.
- 1-pound ground beef
- 1-pound ground pork
- ¼ cup of water
- 3 medium tomatillos that are well chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of ground curcumin
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 chopped Jalapeno pepper, including its seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Brown your pork and beef. You can use the pressure cooker to brown the meat
- Take all the remaining ingredients and add them to your pressure cooker
- Slowly stir these ingredients
- Secure your pressure cooker after closing it
- You need to cook at very high temperatures for about thirty-five minutes
- Remove the cooker from your heat source, and allow the remaining heat to drop on its own
- Open it and give it a final stir
13. Stuffed Turkey meatballs (crock pot recipe)
Many people love meatballs, and as such, stuffing them is something that was bound to happen. Stuffed turkey meatballs (crockpot recipe) is ideal for families, more so when they have to deal with busy school nights’ dinner.
- 2 eggs
- Eight ounces of Fontina cheese
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- 2 ½ pounds of ground turkey
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Obtain a large bowl and whisk the cheese, eggs, herbs, and oats together
- Place the ground turkey into the bowl and mix it with the ingredients present
- Slowly roll this mixture to obtain twenty-four meatballs
- In each meatball, insert a single cheese cube
- Prepare the marinara sauce in a different bowl
- You have to ensure that the sauce is enough to cover your crock pot bottom
- Take your meatballs and put them in your crockpot. Use the remaining sauce to cover them
- Place the lid on, and cook for three hours
14. Braised oxtails slow cooker
Over the last few years, oxtail has become quite popular, together with offal. An Asian or Latino grocery store will be the best place to find it, where you are guaranteed to find them on sale, as they retail for a cheaper rate as compared to supermarkets.
- ½ tablespoon Guar gum
- 2 lbs. oxtail
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1/3 cup of butter
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoon tomato sauce
- On the stove, heat up the beef broth and mix it with the tomato paste, soy sauce, butter, and fish sauce. Once they have been properly mixed, transfer it to your slow cooker, and then add the oxtails
- Use dried thyme, salt and pepper, ground ginger, onion powder, and minced garlic to season your broth and oxtails.
- Set it and allow it to cook for between six and seven hours
- When it is cooked, take the oxtail from your slow cooker and place it on paper towels for it to drain properly
- Make use of an immersion blender to mix all the leftover juices. Add the Guar gum as you are mixing the juice, which will allow you to end up with very thick gravy
- You can serve with your favorite dish, or with Cauliflower mashed potatoes
15. Vanilla dipped in chocolate (fat bomb)
Coming across good, delicious, and healthy desserts is hard. But, this vanilla fat bomb is not only scrumptious, but it is also good for your body. It comes with great fats derived from coconut, sweetened with stevia, and dipped in chocolate.
- Melt coconut milk and coconut butter in very low heat using a saucepan
- Take all your ingredients and them into the pan, but leave out the dark chocolate
- Ensure they are properly mixed, before allowing the mixture to cool in your fridge for two hours
- From the mixture, start forming small balls. You will then need to place the finished balls into your fridge for them to become solid
- Use a stove or microwave to melt your dark chocolate
- Take each ball and dip it into your chocolate. You will then need to place these balls onto a parchment paper, before returning them to your fridge.
16. Cheese roll-up
This is perhaps the fastest and simplest low-carb snack that you can ever prepare. Additionally, it is very tasty. It takes about five minutes to prepare the snack.
- 2 oz. butter
- ½ lb. provolone cheese or cheddar cheese that has been cut into thin slices
- Take your cheese slices and place them on your cutting board. Slice the butter obtained earlier using a cheese slicer
- Every cheese slice should be covered with the butter roll up
- It has four servings and can be served as a snack
17. Bulletproof coffee
Taking a few sips of this piping and the delicious coffee emulsion will prepare you to face what awaits you in the rest of the rest.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- I cup of freshly brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon of unsalted butter
- Take all these components and place them in a blender
- Blend them until they are smooth and frothy
- Best served immediately
18. Protein lasagna
Chicken can be termed as a noodle when it is thinly sliced deli meat, which has been layered in the form of a paste. When you stack together the requisite flavors of marinara, sausage, and onions, you literally make your dinner to become an Italian melting pot inspiration.
½ lb. sliced deli chicken breast
1 lb. Italian sausage
¾ cup parmesan cheese
¾ lb. ground beef
¾ lb. mozzarella sliced cheese
½ yellow onion
1 ½ lbs. of unsweetened marinara sauce
1 lb. ricotta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 430 degrees
- Cook the ground beef, garlic, sausage, and onion using medium heat until it becomes sufficiently Add the marinara sauce and stir it
- Obtain a mixing bowl and add the salt, egg, and the ricotta cheese
- For you to assemble it, you will need to spread the meat sauce in a baking dish. The chicken breasts should then be arranged on top of the sauce
- Use one-half of your ricotta mixture to spread, and then top it with a third of the mozzarella cheese slices
- 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce should be spread on the mozzarella, before sprinkling ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Make sure to repeat these layers with the remaining cheese.
- Cover it with foil, and bake it for about twenty-five minutes. Remove this foil, and bake it for another twenty-five minutes. Allow it around fifteen minutes for it to cool down before you can serve it to your family
19. Bacon and eggs
Bacon and eggs is a classic breakfast favorite for many people. It is a low carb breakfast dish, which allows you to enjoy as many eggs as you desire, while at the same time gauging your hunger meter.
- Fresh parsley
- 8 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 lb. sliced bacon
- Place the bacon in a pan and fry it until it becomes crispy
- Put it on a plate
- Use the bacon grease to cook the eggs. You will also need to take your cherry tomatoes, cut them into two pieces, and then fry them with the eggs
- Use salt and pepper to season
20. Indian cabbage stir fried
This delicious recipe will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. It is a low carb dish that is delicious, easy to prepare, and the Indian spice helps in upping the ante.
- 1 mayonnaise cup
- 1 2/3 lbs. of green cabbage
- 8 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- 1/3 lbs. butter
- ½ finely yellow chopped onion
- 1 1/3 lbs. of ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon of red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- ¼ tablespoon of ground black pepper
- Use a knife to shred the cabbage
- Fry it in half butter using a large frying pan over medium heat until it becomes soft
- You should add the vinegar and the spices. Allow it Saute’ until fully fragrant. Place it in a bowl and allow it to sit there
- Remaining butter should be melted in the pan used to prep the cabbage. Add the curry paste, garlic, and onion. Allow it to Saute’ for a single minute before adding the meat. Allow the meat to cook until the liquid evaporates fully.
- Decrease the quantity of heat being used and add the cabbage back to this pan. You should stir it until everything is fully warm
- Season using salt and pepper, and use the fresh cilantro to garnish before serving it with the mayonnaise.
21. Pancakes (keto friendly)
Many people assume that pancakes are out of the question, as the keto diet is against the use of refined carbs: and this is where they go wrong. What is needed is to find a way to go around the grain-free and carb-free restrictive world to come up with a great breakfast meal.
- 3 eggs
- 12 cups of yogurt—both whole and plain milk
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter or coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups of almond flour
- ¼ tablespoon of ACV
- Place some muffin cups in the six to twelve space tray
- Ensure that your oven is preheated to 400 degrees
- Place the oil, vinegar, yogurt, and extract in the blender and blend them. Make sure to add your baking soda and salt while mixing
- Add your eggs and repeat the blending process
- The eggs should be allowed to mix in until they create the required batter
- Incorporate all the remaining ingredients and use your hands to stir
- Remove the batter and place it in the muffin liners. You will then need to include the chopped almonds
- Once done, bake it for around fifteen minutes
22. French fry substitute
Before getting to learn about the keto diet really, many beginners assume that fries are not allowed. But, this is not entirely true. You may, however, be required to visit an Asian butcher in search of a Daikon radish.
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 1 daikon dish that has been sliced to fries
- Sea salt pinch
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees
- Take your radish slices and place them in a bag
- Add the melted coconut oil, spices, and salt. Tie your bag and ensure you shake it so that the radish strips become fully coated.
- Take a tray and spread the strips
- Allow them to bake for fifteen minutes before flipping them, and continuing with the baking process
- Allow them to cool down before you can serve
23. Cauliflower grilled cheese
If you can find a twist, you will realize that fries are not the only thing that is allowed. There is always the possibility of opting for a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Four slices of cauliflower crust
- Use medium heat to heat a skillet with a small amount of oil
- Take a single slice of cauliflower crust and add it
- Top it up with the cheese and any other ingredients that you may prefer
- Incorporate the top slice
- You should allow it to cook until the cheese starts melting from the sides.
- You should remember to flip it in order to ensure that it will not get burnt
24. Chocolate mug cake
By now, you should have realized that just because sugar and carbs are not allowed in the ketogenic diet, it does not mean that you cannot find a way around the restrictions. This particular cake is quite simple to make, and you will not even need to have an oven.
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of almond oil
- 2 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Splenda
- Take a mug and place the butter in it
- Place it in a microwave for twenty-five seconds until it becomes hot. Put in the sweetener
- Add your cocoa powder, baking powder, eggs, almond flour, and the extract
- Mix your ingredients until they are fully combined
- For it to turn out right, confirm that it does not have any lumps
- Microwave it for about seventy-five seconds
25. Cream cheese pancakes
This recipe will enable you to prepare delicious and low carb cream cheese pancakes, which taste like fried cheesecakes. You can also make them without using a sweetener.
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of granulated substitute sugar
- Blend all your ingredients until they become smooth
- Allow it to rest for around two minutes. This is to make sure that the bubbles become settled
- Pour a small amount of this batter into your pan. Ensure the pan is greased with butter
- Let it cook for two minutes until it becomes golden. Flip it and cook for another minute
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining batter
26. Vanilla smoothie (fat-burning)
Taking a smoothie can be equated to taking dessert, without the accompanying guilt. A keto vanilla smoothie is very easy to make. Make sure to follow these instructions.
- 1 tablespoon of powdered erythritol
- 2 large yolks
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 4 ice cubes
- Mix all your components in your blender, and blend them
- Top it up with a small amount of whipped cream
27. Blueberry coconut flour porridge
For many, breakfast comprises of a hot cup of coffee accompanied by some scrambled eggs. But, you can always mix it up, and blueberry coconut flour porridge is a good alternative.
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 10 drops of liquid stevia
- ¼ cup of ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Allow the almond milk to heat using a tiny flame
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the vanilla extract and liquid stevia
- Continue heating until it becomes bubbly. Add the extract and the stevia
- When it acquires the right thickness, switch off your stove, and add your preferred toppings
28. Low carb breakfast smoothie (green)
If you are allergic to eggs, it means that your breakfast options will be greatly limited. However, this need not be the case, as you can always try out this green breakfast smoothie.
- ½ teaspoon garnished chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups of almond milk
- 30 grams of Isopure protein powder
- 1 oz. spinach
- 10 drops of stevia
- 50 grams of cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 50 grams of celery
- 70 grams of avocado
- Place the spinach and milk in a blender and blend them for a single second. This is to ensure that all the spinach is broken down
- Add all remaining ingredients and continue mixing for another minute
- Put it in a glass with chia seeds
29. Chocolate crunch cereal
Cereal is a great fallback, especially if you are one of those people who normally have very hectic mornings. All you have to do is throw it in a ball, and your breakfast will be ready.
- Unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 pinch of stevia
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds
- 10 grams of cocoa nibs
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- Combine the chia and flaxseeds, cocoa nibs, and shredded coconut
- Add the stevia and the unsweetened almond milk
- Enjoy your breakfast
30. Oopsie rolls
These are a favorite for many people in the low carb community because they are light, fluffy, thin, and made of tartar cream, eggs, and cream cheese.
- 1/8 of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 tablespoon of cream tartar
- 3 oz. cheese
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
- Separate your eggs from their yolks, ensuring that they are in different bowls
- Beat your eggs using a hand mixer
- Add the tartar cream and beat it until you notice some stiff peaks
- In the bowl with the yolks, add the cheese, and the salt
- Beat your eggs until they become double in size and pale yellow in color
- Fold your egg whites into your cream cheese mixture. Do not utilize the hand mixer in this step
- Bake for between thirty and forty minutes
Benefits of keto diets (low carb high-fat diet)
The benefits include:
1. Improved weight loss
In today’s society, there are people who still believe that the best way for one to lose weight is by taking a diet that is rich in carbohydrates e.g. fruit and veggies. Even though this could work for some, not all people are able to record success with this kind of diet.
In such a scenario, it is paramount to consider to try out a low carb diet. This diet will help eliminate the constant hunger pangs, while also enhancing the weight loss process. Additionally, you can also try out a diet that is rich in proteins and healthy fats.
2. Reduced risk of getting type 2 diabetes
Ketogenic diets are very beneficial for a person suffering from type 2 diabetes or those who are pre-diabetic and would wish to reverse this condition. Recent studies have shown that low-carb diets, particularly those that limit the intake of processed grains and sugar can encourage improvements in people who are diabetic.
- Karen Reed. (2016, October 24). The 15 Best Keto Recipes for Weight Loss: https://www.positivehealthwellness.com/diet-nutrition/15-best-keto-recipes-weight-loss/
- (2016, March 20). Chocolate Crunch Cereal: https://www.tasteaholics.com/recipes/breakfast-recipes/chocolate-crunch-cereal/
- Axe. (n.d). Ketogenic diet boosts fat loss + fight diseases: https://draxe.com/truth-about-the-controversial-ketogenic-diet/
- Axe. (n.d). 25 Keto recipes—high in healthy fats + low in carbs: https://draxe.com/keto-recipes/